Going to Atlanta was the first trip I ever paid for on my own! I was so proud of myself. Here are a few tips on how to travel on a budget.
- Use google flights- they show you the best days to travel and when the cheapest flights are. Due to this, I went from a Wednesday to Saturday, because flying home on Sunday was really expensive.
- I ended up flying Spirit, because it was the cheapest. I just took a personal bag (to go under the seat), because I wasn’t going to be gone long; pro-tip- pack light! even if you check a bag, anything over 50 pounds will cost extra!
- I stayed in an Airbnb, which I really liked. Below I have a video of the place I stayed at. It was nice, and since I was able to split the price (I didn’t stay alone), I didn’t spend a lot. pro-tip; make sure that you select entire apartment or entire house, or else you will be staying in someone’s home with them!
- Use uber. I made the mistake of taking a cab to the airbnb, from the airport which cost me $55! For the rest of the trip, I used uber, and spent less than that. pro-tip- use uberpool! It’s an option to carpool in an uber with other people who are headed in a similar direction than you. It’s a lot cheaper and doesn’t take much longer. From my experience, it worked out fine, since I wasn’t in a rush.
- Bring/buy snacks. Buying food for breakfast and snacks, will save you a lot of money and time. For me, I don’t normally eat a very large breakfast so it worked out perfectly!
- Pack all the products you’ll need! You want to make sure that you have all of what you need, so you won’t have to buy expensive products at the airport. pro-tip- pack candy and gum for the plane ride, so you don’t have to pay high prices at the airport
I hope these tips are helpful! Happy traveling!