For me, when I hear the words “mercury is in retrograde”, I’m automatically reanalyzing any communication/ technological issues I have been having. I will say I’m a lot more patient when mercury is in retrograde and I strive to communicate as effectively as possible. Many people are unfamiliar with mercury retrograde and honestly it’s a shame. Becuase it explains so much, which I will explain to you.
- What is it?
- Mercury goes into retrograde when it’s direction to the Sun changes. Since Mercury is the closest planet to the sun, the direction of the planet to the sun changes quiet often.
- How often does it happen a year?
- This happens four times a year. It is in direct correlation with the Earth Zodiac signs. So it happens during Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius/Capricorn. With that being said it happens during the winter, spring, end of summer/beginning of fall and winter again.
- How do I know when it is?
- I use the Old Farmer’s Almanac as my primary source. It has been in effect from August 30th and will end the 22nd of September. It will start again at the end of the year, from December 19th- 31st. (ps. that’s my favorite time of the year because my birthday is the 24th of December). But it is very common to feel the affects of mercury being in retrograde before or after it happens.
- What is affected?
- Mainly communication is affected, but technology can also be affected. During this time there may be a lot of miscommunication if you’re not careful. It’s common during this period of time to have arguments over communication with those closest to you, or to get frustrated because your bluetooth won’t connect to your stereo (that is a problem I’m having as of right now). Just remember to be patient and understand that this is a time to reflect on your communication skills. The Old Farmer’s Almanac has an option on their website to see how the retrograde affects your zodiac sign. I recommend you check it out!