I absolutely love the picture below. I feel like in embodies what it means to love someone. Loving someone is about accepting them for who they are and wishing for their well being. In relationships, especially if you are very close with them, it is very normal to argue or be angry with the other person. The releasing of this anger is completely natural and allows you to remained balanced. In reality not expressing your anger can lead to unbalance and illness. So during these expressions of anger, you have to be careful of your words. Saying things or doing things you don’t mean are harmful to yourself and the relationship. But in reality, what I’m trying to say is when you’re mad it doesn’t mean you no longer care about them, it just simply means that your mad. So to look at this photo of this old couple who are obviously having issues, but to see that he is still taking care of her is precious. Just because you’re mad doesn’t mean you shouldn’t show how much you care, in reality it’s probably the time that your actions speak the loudest. When I mentioned earlier about watching what you say, it specifically is related to the second picture, which relates to my post about mercury being in retrograde (which is what is happening right now). The link to that post is here. Just make sure your words and matching what you mean. Sometimes it can be hard to do that, but your effort is more important than anything else!
Tag Archives: mercury
the phone works both ways
While I do know that mercury is affecting communication heavily, there is a certain amount of responsibility in communicating (this number is not a very large one but it is important). One thing I have been doing is seeing how much of an effort people are making to communicate with me. I enjoy talking, so I feel like I’m more likely to make the effort to communicate with someone else. And what I’m referring to is like friendships, which I feel like should be 50-50 (I don’t believe the same for romantic relationships which I’ll talk about later). There are a few reasons why I’ve been trying this out.
Friendships should be 50-50. Friendships do require a lot of work and attention, which is why it should be mutual. If you always feel like you’re the one making more of an effort to talk to them, think about what’s really going on. There could be a variety of different issues, but I just think it’s important to think about. If you’re close friends with someone, talking to them often is going to keep the closeness. This is especially important in long-distance friendships, because going from seeing someone every day to not seeing them can and will change things. You just have to know what kind of friendship you are looking for. Also, pay attention to why people are communicating you. Is it always that they need something? What happens when you tell them good news? What happens when you tell them good news and they’re not content with where they are in life? Answers to these questions matter. Go out of your way only for those who deserve it. Am I say that you can’t still be friends with them? No I’m not all I am saying is you need to evaluate your friendships, because friendships can make you or break you. And in your life you only need to have room for those that build you up. But you also have to evaluate what kind of friend you are. What happens when someone tells you good news and you aren’t happy with where you are in life? What kind of friend do you want? Is that the friend that you are being? Self evaluation is just as important as evaluating your friendships. Because just as you want good friendships, so do your friends!
- Romantic relationships
This conversation is solely based off of my experiences and what I feel would make a successful relationship. Communication should be mutual but it shouldn’t always be 50-50. I think 60-40 works just a well. I say that because everyone wants to feel wanted. So the additional 10% effort will allow your significant other to feel really wanted, which allows for better communication and overall a better relationship. Overtime though the other person has to take over the 60, so that you both go through periods of feeling very wanted. It should feel like- “oh (insert name) is showing me so much affection, I’m going to do *insert surprise*”. Over time this will continue to go back and forth. I think that is very healthy and allows you both to feel appreciated. Feeling appreciated is really important due to the fact that it leads to a sense of security. The sense of security created from feeling wanted allows you to rid yourself of any insecurities. Insecurities test relationships, but in certain cases they ruin them. Everyone has insecurities, but if you’re secure in your relationship it can be successful. But also remember to pay attention to how you feel. Go with your gut feeling. If you’re feeling that something is right and you’re feeling secure then go for it! Just remember that you are special and you deserve to be valued!
mercury is in retrograde
For me, when I hear the words “mercury is in retrograde”, I’m automatically reanalyzing any communication/ technological issues I have been having. I will say I’m a lot more patient when mercury is in retrograde and I strive to communicate as effectively as possible. Many people are unfamiliar with mercury retrograde and honestly it’s a shame. Becuase it explains so much, which I will explain to you.
- What is it?
- Mercury goes into retrograde when it’s direction to the Sun changes. Since Mercury is the closest planet to the sun, the direction of the planet to the sun changes quiet often.
- How often does it happen a year?
- This happens four times a year. It is in direct correlation with the Earth Zodiac signs. So it happens during Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo and Sagittarius/Capricorn. With that being said it happens during the winter, spring, end of summer/beginning of fall and winter again.
- How do I know when it is?
- I use the Old Farmer’s Almanac as my primary source. It has been in effect from August 30th and will end the 22nd of September. It will start again at the end of the year, from December 19th- 31st. (ps. that’s my favorite time of the year because my birthday is the 24th of December). But it is very common to feel the affects of mercury being in retrograde before or after it happens.
- What is affected?
- Mainly communication is affected, but technology can also be affected. During this time there may be a lot of miscommunication if you’re not careful. It’s common during this period of time to have arguments over communication with those closest to you, or to get frustrated because your bluetooth won’t connect to your stereo (that is a problem I’m having as of right now). Just remember to be patient and understand that this is a time to reflect on your communication skills. The Old Farmer’s Almanac has an option on their website to see how the retrograde affects your zodiac sign. I recommend you check it out!